The next WMTA District Auditions will be held March 16, 2024. It will be held at UW-Eau Claire throughout the day. The following information is a summary of what you need to know from the WMTA website: http://www.wisconsinmusicteachers.com/ Feel free to check out this website to learn more details about this and other WMTA competitions.
For Flutists progressing on to the State Competition: UW-Stevens Point state competition is held May 11, 2024.
For Pianists who qualify, you will compete at the REGIONAL Competition at UW-Eau Claire on May 11, 2024. If you are the WINNER there, you will compete in the new WMTA State Piano Competition on May 18. Location - UW-Stevens Point
- Students can enter on ANY instrument in which they are receiving lessons under a WMTA teacher.
- All Grades 1-12 and adults can audition non-competitively for comments and points with 2 Memorized OR 2 Non-Memorized pieces. The Non-memorized category only allows for 4 points per piece.
- Grades 1-3 may also memorize 3 pieces.
- Grades 4-12 have the opportunity to audition to compete at the Regional and State Competitions in May...3 memorized songs are required for this category (Instrumentalists only need memorize one piece for state).
- Grades 7-12 have one other option as well: 2 memorized & 1 non-memorized song
- A Musicianship Test is taken by each student.
- Songs must be 16 measures long.
- All memorized songs must be played by memory for Mrs. Statz no later than 3.5 weeks prior to auditions.
- Entry fees: 2 songs: $25; 3 songs: $30
- Students may also partner up in an ensemble to perform this year!
- 3-5 student performers - $35 total due
- 6-10 student performers - $45 total due
Plaque and bar awards are given based on a point system when students reach 22 points, 50, 75, 100 and every 25 points after 100. Students earn points with each song they perform and for their theory exam each year, as well as if they progress and compete at the state level.
I'm happy to answer any questions you may have....Sandra Statz
The following students will be participating on March 16, 2024:
- Caleb B. -
- Kate B. -
- Matthew B. -
- Mandy D. -
- MacKenzie D. -
- Graham G. -
- Grace H. -
- Simon L. -
- Yiduo L. - PD -
- Julie P. -
- Jane M. -
- Suzy M. -
- Shanna V. & Ting Ting Y. (D3 Duet) -
- Ting Ting -