The next WMTA District Auditions will be held virtually March 11-17, 2021. It is usually held at UW-Eau Claire throughout the day. The following information is a summary of what you need to know from the WMTA website: http://www.wisconsinmusicteachers.com/ Feel free to check out this website to learn more details about this and other WMTA competitions. For those progressing on to the State Competition you will submit your State performances between April 29-May 5. The state competition is usually held in May.
- Students can enter on ANY instrument in which they are receiving lessons under a WMTA teacher.
- Grades 1-3 will memorize 2-3 songs.
- Grades 4-12 have the opportunity to audition to compete at the State Competitions in May...3 memorized songs are requried for this category (Instrumentalists only need memorize one song for state).
- Grades 4-12 can enter non-competively by memorizing 2 songs.
- Grades 7-12 have 2 other options as well: *2 non-memorized songs or *2 memorized & 1 non-memorized song
- A Musicianship Test is taken by each student.
- Songs must be 16 measures long.
- All memorized songs must be played by memory for Mrs. Statz no later than 3.5 weeks prior to auditions.
- Entry fees: 2 songs: $20; 3 songs: $25
Plaque and bar awards are given based on a point system when students reach 22 points, 50, 75, 100 and every 25 points after 100. Students earn points with each song they perform and for their theory exam each year, as well as if they progress and compete at the state level.
I'm happy to answer any questions you may have....Sandra Statz
The following students will be participating Virtually in the District Auditions in 2021:
- Kendall A. - B-Arioso (Largo from Concerto for Harpsichord & String Orchestra) by JS Bach; R-Cantabile et Presto by Georges Enesco & TC-Danse De La Chevre by Arthur Honegger
- Caleb B. - C-Procession by Alexander Reinagle; R-Etude in em Op. 82 No. 35 by Cornelius Gurlitt; TC-Jumpin June Bugs by Kevin Olson
- Kate B. - B-Minuet in G Major by GP Telemann; C-Little Sonata by Charles. H. Wilton; TC-Raptors by Kevin Olson
- Matthew B. - C-Sonatina Op. 36 No. 3 Mvt. 2 by Muzio Clementi; R-Spinning Song Op. 14 No. 4 by Albert Elmenreich; TC-Spring's Return by Jeanne Costello
- Mandy D. - C-Sonatina by CH Wilton; R-Country Ride by Louis Kohler; TC-With a Yo-Ho-Ho! by Catherine Rollin
- Madison G. - B-Sonata in G Major k. 431 (L.83) by Domenico Scarlatti; C-Sonatina in C Major by Muzio Clementi; R-Waltz in Ab, Op. 9 No. 12 by Franz Schubert
- Zachary G. - B-Bourree in em, BWV 996 by JS Bach; others to be finalized
- Grace H. - C-Sonatina in G, Anh 5 No. 1 by Ludwig van Beethoven; R-Soldier's March Op. 68 No. 2 by Robert Schumann; TC-The Swinging Sioux by William Gillock
- Rachel L. - D2 - B-Invention #8 by JS Bach; R-Puck, Op 71 No. 3 by Edvarg Grieg
- Jane M. - C-Morning by Anton Diabelli; TC-Little White Donkey by John Robert Poe; A Song & A Smile by WT. Skye Garcia
- Suzy M. - C-Solfeggietto by CPE Bach; C-Moonlight Sonata by Ludwig van Beethoven; TC-Moonlight Fantasy by Melody Bober
- Julia P. - C-Gavotte Op. 81 No. 3 by James Hook; R-Etude in G Major, Op. 823 No. 11 by Carl Czerny; TC- Little Flower Girl of Paris by William Gillock
- Cassell T. - C-Minuet in G Major by Ludwig van Beethoven; TC-Brass Button Rag by Martha Mier; TC-Sleigh Ride by William Gillock
- Shanna V. - B-Minuet in G Major by JS Bach; Sonata in C Major by Muzio Clementi; TC-Dance Caprice by Timothy Brown
- Ting Ting Y. - B-Canario by Joachim von der Hofer; C-Sonatina in G Major, mvt. 1 by Thomas Attwood; TC-Danse Caprice by Timothy Brown
- Jiayi Z. - B-Sarabande by GF Handel; R-Tender Flowers, Op. 100 No. 10 by Johann F. Burgamuller; TC-Midnight in Buenos Aires by Chrissy Ricker