The next WMTA District Auditions will be held April 18, 2020. It will be held at UW-Eau Claire throughout the day. The following information is a summary of what you need to know from the WMTA website: http://www.wisconsinmusicteachers.com/ Feel free to check out this website to learn more details about this and other WMTA competitions. For those progressing on to the State Competition will be on May 16 (at UWEC for piano) and on May 16 (at UWSP for non-keyboard).
- Students can enter on ANY instrument in which they are receiving lessons under a WMTA teacher.
- Grades 1-3 will memorize 2-3 songs.
- Grades 4-12 have the opportunity to audition to compete at the State Competitions in May...3 memorized songs are requried for this category (Instrumentalists only need memorize one song for state).
- Grades 4-12 can enter non-competively by memorizing 2 songs.
- Grades 7-12 have 2 other options as well: *2 non-memorized songs or *2 memorized & 1 non-memorized song
- A Musicianship Test is taken by each student.
- Songs must be 16 measures long.
- All memorized songs must be played by memory for Mrs. Statz no later than 3.5 weeks prior to auditions.
- Entry fees: 2 songs: $20; 3 songs: $25
Plaque and bar awards are given based on a point system when students reach 22 points, 50, 75, 100 and every 25 points after 100. Students earn points with each song they perform and for their theory exam each year, as well as if they progress and compete at the state level.
I'm happy to answer any questions you may have....Sandra Statz
The following students will be participating in the MTNA E-Festival this spring:
- Caleb B.
- Kate B.
- Kate & Caleb Duet (D2)
- Jane M.
- Suzy M.
- Kendall A.
- Matthew B.
- Madison G.
- Zachary G.
- Rachel L.
- Sarah L.
- Quinn P.
- Julia P.
- Cassell T.
- Ting Ting Y.
- Jiayi Z.