National Federation of Music Clubs hosts a Federation Festival each spring. This year the festival will be held on March 1-14, 2021 virtually. Judging will take place March 15-21. The cost is $20 to enter. Students play 2 songs by memory for a judge and receives comments. Students earn points to receive a cup. The cup takes, at a minimum, 3 years to earn. Students receive a rating. If they receive a "Superior" rating then they have the opportunity to enter in the State Federation Festival Competition later in the Spring (Date TBA) in Milwaukee. The cost to enter the State competition is $30. One song is chosen from a list of American Composers that Mrs. Statz has at the studio. The other song just needs to be from a different composer in a different style. While at the District event, students perform 2 pieces as listed above, at the state event, they only play their Required piece (by the American composer). To learn more you may also visit the Federation website: http://www.wfmc-music.org/
Website where music selections are hosted: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqV5ke88shhJAFVF4DB1D0A
- This festival can provide a second opportunity for those entering in WMTA Auditions to be able to get some feed back on their songs before entering the WMTA Auditions in March.
- This festival can provide an opportunity for students who wish to not participate in the WMTA auditions but still participate in a festival and get feedback on their performance of prepared music.
- Students do enter both WMTA Auditions as well as Federation Festival. However, they may choose one or the other for a variety of reasons including available dates.
- Kendall A. - Cantabile et Presto by George Enescu & Arioso, Largo from Concerto for Harpsichord by JS Bach
- Caleb B. - P2 - Jumpin' June Bugs by Kevin Olson & Procession by Alexander Reinagle
- Kate B. - P3- Raptors by Kevin Olson & Minuet in G Major by GP Telemann
- Matthew B. - E2 -Spring's Return by Jeanne Costello & Sonatina, Op. 36, No. 3, mvt. 2 by Muzio Clementi
- Mandy D. - P2-With a Yo-Ho-Ho! by Catherine Rollin & Sonatina by CH Wilton
- Grace H. - P3 - The Swinging Sioux by Randall Hartsell & Sonatina in G Major, And 5 No. 1 by L Beethoven
- Julia P. - P2 - Flower Girl of Paris by Christopher Goldston & Gavotte, Op. 81, No. 3 by James Hook
- Cassell T. - Med Dif 1 - Brass Button Rag by Carolyn Miller & Minuet in G Major by L. Beethoven
- Shanna V. - E1 - Danse Caprice by Timothy Brown & Minuet in G Major by JS Bach
- Ting Ting Y. - E1 - Danse Caprice by Timothy Brown & Sonatina in G Major, mvt. 1 by Thomas Attwood