National Federation of Music Clubs hosts a Federation Festival each spring. This year the festival will be held on March 9, 2023. The cost is $26 to enter. Students play 2 songs by memory for a judge and receives comments. Students earn points to receive a cup. The cup takes, at a minimum, 3 years to earn. Students receive a rating. If they receive a "Superior" rating then they have the opportunity to enter in the State Federation Festival Competition later in the Spring (Date TBA) in Milwaukee. There is a cost to enter the State competition. One song is chosen from a list of American Composers that Mrs. Statz has at the studio. The other song just needs to be from a different composer in a different style. While at the District event, students perform 2 pieces as listed above, at the state event, they only play their Required piece (by the American composer). To learn more you may also visit the Federation website: http://www.wfmc-music.org/
Website where music selections are hosted: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqV5ke88shhJAFVF4DB1D0A
- This festival can provide a second opportunity for those entering in WMTA Auditions to be able to get some feed back on their songs before entering the WMTA Auditions in March.
- This festival can provide an opportunity for students who wish to not participate in the WMTA auditions but still participate in a festival and get feedback on their performance of prepared music.
- Students do enter both WMTA Auditions as well as Federation Festival. However, they may choose one or the other for a variety of reasons including available dates.
- Matthew B. - Mod Diff 2 - Seize the Day by Jennifer Eklund
- Mandy D. - E1 - Going for Baroque by Gina Sprunger
- Graham G. - P3 - Jungle Feber by Catherine Rollin
- Grace H. - E2 - Aboard the delta Queen by Chrissy Ricker
- Yiduo L. - Mod Diff 1 - Bongo Bongo by Joe Gargiulo