National Federation of Music Clubs hosts a Federation Festival each spring. This year the festival will be held on Saturday, March 7, 2020 at UWEC. The cost is $20 to enter. Students play 2 songs by memory for a judge and receives comments. Students earn points to receive a cup. The cup takes, at a minimum, 3 years to earn. Students receive a rating. If they receive a "Superior" rating then they have the opportunity to enter in the State Federation Festival Competition later in the Spring (Date TBA) in Milwaukee. The cost to enter the State competition is $30. One song is chosen from a list of American Composers that Mrs. Statz has at the studio. The other song just needs to be from a different composer in a different style. While at the District event, students perform 2 pieces as listed above, at the state event, they only play their Required piece (by the American composer). To learn more you may also visit the Federation website: http://www.wfmc-music.org/
- This festival can provide a second opportunity for those entering in WMTA Auditions to be able to get some feed back on their songs before entering the WMTA Auditions in March.
- This festival can provide an opportunity for students who wish to not participate in the WMTA auditions but still participate in a festival and get feedback on their performance of prepared music.
- Students do enter both WMTA Auditions as well as Federation Festival. However, they may choose one or the other for a variety of reasons including available dates.
- Caleb B. - PI - Look At What I Can Do! by Nancy Faber
- Kate B. - PII - Moonbeam WAltz by Martha Mier
- Matthew B. - E1 - In a Bonsai Garden by Carrie Kraft
- Mandy D. - P1 - Mister Camel by Kevin Costley
- Grace H. (PD) - PII - Basketball Star by Melody Bober
- Julia P. - P1 - Chop Suey! by Glenda Austin
- Payton R. - PP - Thirteen Robots
- Cassell T. - Med Class-The Spy by Nancy Faber
- Shanna V. (PD) - Indian Pony by Cecil Steffen
- Ting Ting Y. - PIII - Ladybug Morning by Randall Hartsell