Missed Lessons: Because specific times are set aside for specific students, a student who does not attend a lesson will simply miss the benefit of that lesson. I will then use that time or other times to plan for the student’s progress, locate materials, etc. Please be assured that your tuition pays for far more than the time spent with your child (see “Tuition Coverage” on this website). There are no refunds, discounts or makeups given unless I am unable to teach the promised number of lessons. Group Lessons and Summer Camp absences can not be made up if missed. If you see a lesson that you will miss, you will have some options to be able to have time with me:
"Swap" List Guidelines:
- The student exchange roster is given only to those families who have opted in to exchange with other families when a conflict in your normal lesson schedule should arise.
- Please inform Sandra if you do NOT wish to have your name included on the swap list.
- All exchanges must be done PARENT to PARENT. The teacher will NOT arrange changes for any student.
- The parent who requested the change is responsible to text or call Sandra within 24 hours after arranging a swap and at least 24 hours PRIOR to the first of the swapped lessons.
- No make-up lessons will be given if any confusion from this arises.
- Should 2 people arrive at once, Sandra will teach the one whose lesson is normally at that time.
- Swaps are reciprocal, not obligatory. If someone says NO to an exchange request, please respect that. If someone exchanges with you, however, be kind and return the favor when possible.
- Swaps are limited to 4 (four) per student per school year. Use them wisely. They are not collectible from year to year.
Virtual Lesson Options for Snow/Ice/Mild Illness:
- Skype (sandra.statz2)
- Facebook Messenger Video
2019-2020 STUDIO "Swap" Options (ONLY AVAILABLE with a 24 hour change notice of the originally scheduled lesson). If using THIS "swap list", please contact Sandra and tell her which lesson you are canceling and which one of the following new lesson times you'd like. While this list will be kept as current as possible at all times, a "swap" is not approved until you have a confirmation from Sandra
- Monday, February 18 - 3:15
- Thursday, February 20 - 6:30
Illness: Students who are ill should not come to lessons. Four extra performance classes are offered yearly to accommodate absences due to illness. Sandra also reserves the right to send a student home if they arrive, or become, sick. If students are only mildly ill, please text Sandra and we will do a virtual lesson. Students who attend a Performance Class will prepare 1-3 pieces and be prepared for discussion of Performance and Instruction with the class. See the Yearly and Website Calendars for these dates.